In accordance with the resolution of Council 20 September 2017, this section of the agenda will be chaired by the Mayor
12.7 Bega Valley Local Traffic Committee............................................................................................ 4.
13 December 2017
In accordance with the resolution of Council of 20 September 2017 this section of the agenda will be chaired by the Mayor.
12.7 Bega Valley Local Traffic Committee................................................................... 4
Council 13 December 2017
This report recommends Council adopt the recommendations of the Bega Valley Local Traffic Committee from their meeting held on 6 December 2017.
Acting Director Transport and Utilities
The Bega Valley Local Traffic Committee is not a Committee of Council. Local Traffic Committees operate under delegation from NSW Roads and Maritime Services who are responsible for traffic control on all New South Wales roads.
The Bega Valley Local Traffic Committee held a meeting on 6 December 2017, the minutes of which have been distributed separately. It is a requirement for Council to formally adopt the recommendations from this Committee prior to action being taken. The recommendations were supported unanimously by the Committee.
Accessible Parking; Cobargo car park
1. Council approve the installation of an accessible car space at the south eastern end of the Council car park located in Cobargo.
2. Council approve the installation of a “No Stopping” zone, for a length of 68 metres along the northern kerb line of the Council car park located in Cobargo.
3. Council approve the installation of a “No Stopping” zone, for a length of 20 metres along the southern kerb line of the Council car park located in Cobargo.
Accessible Parking; Ocean Drive, Merimbula
1. That Council approve the installation of an accessible car space and shared zone at a location adjacent to the pedestrian access gate to the site on Ocean Drive, Merimbula.
Lumen Christi College traffic on Pambula Beach Road, Pambula Beach
1. That Council note that a request for Give Way to Pedestrians signage / marking was received for the entry into the college carpark.
2. That Council keep the signage / markings as is. The LTC agreed that the current signage is sufficient in this location and that additional signage is not required; drivers should be aware of the requirements of the Motor Traffic Act.
Bega Australia Day Celebration – 26 January 2018
1. That, subject to conditions, Zingel Place, between the Sapphire Marketplace roundabout and entrance to the Littleton Gardens car park be temporarily closed between 6:30am and 12pm on Friday, 26 January 2018 for the Bega Australia Day celebrations.
2. That the proposed traffic arrangements involving the temporary closure of Zingel Place, for the Bega Australia Day celebrations on Friday, 26 January 2018, be deemed a Class 2 special event and it be conducted under an approved Traffic Control Plan, in accordance with the Roads and Maritime Services (RMS) Traffic Control Manual.
3. That persons involved in the preparation and implementation of the Traffic Control Plan must hold the appropriate RMS accreditation.
4. That organisers fully implement an approved Special Event Transport Management Plan.
5. That organisers have approved public liability insurance of at least $20 million indemnifying Council, Police and Roads and Maritime Services by name for the event.
6. That organisers have written Police approval in their possession prior to conducting the event.